RE: CGI problem

From: David Norris <kg9ae(at)not-real.geocities.com>
Date: Mon Aug 09 1999 - 12:48:08 GMT
> swish-e ....     -f $index1 $index2
> ... but it doesnt run..

What exactly doesn't work.  "It doesn't run," isn't very descriptive.

Does it work from a command line?  It should.  It doesn't work like you
might expect, though.  It will not return a merged set of results.  It
returns the first index results, then the second index results, etc.  If the
script bases it's global values on the first set of returned comment values,
then you will have some major troubles.  (Even my PHP script suffers from
this oversight to a small extent. I have been meaning to correct the issue
since multiple indices are useful.)  I try to write the results script so as
it loops through, it resets the values based on the comment fields.  It
tends to be less prone to errors that way, anyway.  For instance, if a new
Index Pointer comment is emitted from SWISH-E, then the Index Pointer in the
script is reset to the new value.

,David Norris

Home Computer - http://illusionary.tzo.cc/
Page via mail - 412039@pager.mirabilis.com