RE: size limitations or...

From: <STEPHANE_MEIER(at)not-real.Non-HP-Switzerland-om1.om.hp.com>
Date: Fri Jul 09 1999 - 11:50:03 GMT
Hello,

The problem you face is known. Memory leaks have been created in a
previous version. As a consequence, there OS refuses to allocate more
memory to your indexing process.

There are several way to solve or bypass it:
- create multiple indexes and then search on all of them. inconvenient:
need to merge results with post-processing when searching.
- create indexes and then merge them. I did it ok for 11'000 files.
- patch the indexer with information given from the website under patches:
memoryleak2- I have not had a chance to test it though. It is probably
your best chance and requires less work.

Good luck,

Stephane Meier

stephane_meier@non-hp-switzerland-om1.om.hp.com