Disappearing PERL Scripts?

From: David Norris <kg9ae(at)>
Date: Fri Jul 09 1999 - 03:42:34 GMT
It appears that the PERL search scripts for SWISH-E are evaporating.  The
server for search.cgi has disappeared.  And, the server for is
reporting that the site has been reorganized and the files were moved.  (Why
are there no 302 Found messages if they know where the files have moved?
Just a pet peeve of mine ;)  JSWISHI, although pretty cool, is probably
slight overkill and possibly confusing for many folks.

Anyway, if the authors of these scripts (search.cgi and are on
the list it would be nice to know where they have moved.  I certainly have
the space on my web site to host them, at the very least.  I would hate to
see them disappear completely, though.  I would like to have a copy of both
of these scripts, particularly the search.cgi script, for my archives.

Perhaps someone could place them on the SWISH-E server?

,David Norris

World Wide Web -
Home Computer -
Page via mail -