Disappearing PERL Scripts?

From: David Norris <kg9ae(at)not-real.geocities.com>
Date: Fri Jul 09 1999 - 03:42:34 GMT
It appears that the PERL search scripts for SWISH-E are evaporating.  The
server for search.cgi has disappeared.  And, the server for swish-cgi.pl is
reporting that the site has been reorganized and the files were moved.  (Why
are there no 302 Found messages if they know where the files have moved?
Just a pet peeve of mine ;)  JSWISHI, although pretty cool, is probably
slight overkill and possibly confusing for many folks.

Anyway, if the authors of these scripts (search.cgi and swish-cgi.pl) are on
the list it would be nice to know where they have moved.  I certainly have
the space on my web site to host them, at the very least.  I would hate to
see them disappear completely, though.  I would like to have a copy of both
of these scripts, particularly the search.cgi script, for my archives.

Perhaps someone could place them on the SWISH-E server?

,David Norris

Home Computer - http://illusionary.tzo.cc/
Page via mail - 412039@pager.mirabilis.com
ICQ Universal Internet Number - 412039