Swish-e usage and requirements

From: Linda Sloan <lksloan(at)not-real.informationuniverse.com>
Date: Wed Jun 30 1999 - 15:34:06 GMT
I am new here and am considering Swish-E for a meta-data search engine. I
would like to know if it really requires any programming knowledge to
install and maintain ( I am not a programmer, or at least not yet!). I am
considering using it for my own web site and possibly a major indexing
project coming up. I only want it to search on meta-tag data as full-test
searching results in too many irrelevant hits.
   I am also concerned whether it can run on a web site hosting service
such as Netcom/Mindspring. I've been using Frontpage 98 on a stand-alone NT
4.0 workstation. Your advice would be appreciated. Thank you.

Sincerely,
Linda Kenny Sloan
Information Universe     index@informationuniverse.com
Improving customer service through better information access
for aerospace and astronomy publications both online and print.
http://informationuniverse