RE: swish-e dumping core when indexing large file sets

From: <STEPHANE_MEIER(at)not-real.Non-HP-Switzerland-om1.om.hp.com>
Date: Fri Jun 25 1999 - 09:38:19 GMT
Hi,

I have had the save problem on hp/ux 10.20 with Swish-e 1.3.2, so I guess
it will not help. Splitting the index into smaller files and then merging
the files did the work when I did it this way:
- creating an index for every 200 files.
- merging the indexes 2 by 2 and then repeating. (going from e.g 64 files,
to 32, 8,4,2,1)

It worked for 11'000 files. Also make sure to include the swish default
stop words. This helps a bit.

Your system manager might be able to allocate/configure the system so that
processes are allowed a larger memory space.

Stephane Meier