Re: bad directive

From: Ron Klatchko <ron(at)not-real.library.ucsf.edu>
Date: Thu Jun 24 1999 - 16:27:30 GMT
At 09:02 AM 6/24/99 -0700, Matteo Barbieri wrote:
>I compiled and installed the package with no problem
>make test worked properly
>but whenever I try to execute the final version using a normal
configuration file
>I get a lot of "bad directive" errors:
>
>lenticchia# /usr/local/bin/swish-e -c /online/www/home/glamm.config
>Indexing Data Source: "File-System"
>Bad directive on line #104: IgnoreLastChar
>Bad directive on line #113: IgnoreFirstChar
>Bad directive on line #165: MaxDepth 5
>Bad directive on line #170: Delay 60
>Bad directive on line #174: TmpDir /tmp/
>Bad directive on line #179: SpiderDirectory /export/home/matteo/src/

Well, the last directives MaxDepth, Delay, TmpDir and SpiderDirectory are
for the HTTP method and you're using the file-system method.  If you want
to use the file-system method, remove those directives; if you want to use
the HTTP method set the appropriate command line option (-S http).

IgnoreFirstChar and IgnoreLastChar are valid directives regardless of the
access method.  The only reason you should get an error with them is it you
didn't provide any values.  Either provide values for them or remove the
directives.

moo
                        ron@library.ucsf.edu