RE: Abstracting

From: Nicolas Huillard <nhuillard(at)not-real.ghs.fr>
Date: Mon Jun 14 1999 - 07:59:50 GMT
Yes, this is interesting ! There have been a discussion about abstracting in this mailing list, and someone said that it wasn't so slow to generate abstracts while generating the answer page of the query (at "run-time"). But it is a strng work to modify the Perl front script to generate abstracts. If the work is already done, it is better for me.
I agree with Ron, when he says that the abstracting should be independent of the retreiving method.
The fact is that I use the filesystem retreiving method (to index only a well known set of files), and it would be interesting for me to have that feature...

Nicolas