Problem with the posted "-t switch" patch - META tags not being returned

From: Mark Gaulin <gaulin(at)not-real.globalspec.com>
Date: Fri Jun 11 1999 - 17:33:19 GMT
Hi Roy, All

There is a bug in the patch posted in the Patches directory on your web site.

The symptom of the bug is that meta tags grabbed with the "Document
Properties" feature may not be grabbed when the index is created and so are
not returned with the search results.

The portion of the code in the "-t switch" patch should be modified like this:

        pos = tag;
        while (*pos)
        {
                if (isspace(*pos))
                {
                        endOfTag = pos; /* remember where we are... */
                        oldChar = *pos; /* ...and what we saw */
                        *pos = '\0';    /* truncate string, for now */
                }
	/*** add this "else" ****/
                else
                        pos++;
        }

The correct patch was already included in 1.3.2 so if anyone is using 1.3.2
and did not apply the -tswitch patch then you are ok.

Note to Roy: We ought to label the patches, or use subdirectories, so that
it is clear which version any patch is supposed to be applied to.  I think
the -tswitch patch was for 1.3.1.

Sorry for the trouble this bug caused several people.

	Mark