RE: using multiple meta tags and parentheses in search

From: David Norris <kg9ae(at)not-real.geocities.com>
Date: Wed Jun 09 1999 - 20:21:05 GMT
> I'm using the v 1.3.1 binary for NT from geocities, in case this is a
> consideration.

Hopefully it isn't ;)  It is a straight compile of the Jan 20 1.3.1 code.
I'll try to get an updated binary over there since it's a bit outdated.

> anyhow, here's what I'm trying to do:
> swishe -w "(level1=(x or y or z) or level2=(q or r or s)) and (target1 =
> m)" -f myindex

I think that would be:
-w "level1=(x or y or z) or level2=(q or r or s) and target1=m"

I don't know if this works.  But, that's how I think it would look if it
does work.  Perhaps Mark, or someone else knowledgable with that code, could
answer that more specifically.

> Exactly when can parentheses be employed, and can I use mutiple metatags.
> Oh, and yes, I did specify them in the configuration file before I built
the

I don't think there is any set limit to the number of meta names that you
can use.  You should be able to specify as many meta names as your RAM will
allow.  There is a formula somewhere in the documentation that will aid in
the calculation.

,David Norris

Home Computer - http://illusionary.tzo.cc/
Page via mail - 412039@pager.mirabilis.com