Will not do and or search

From: Ron Johnson <skyhigh(at)not-real.evansville.net>
Date: Fri Jun 04 1999 - 19:08:34 GMT
I'm using Unix. The HTTP server is Apache 1.2.6 The Operating System is BSDI
BSD 3.1 .
I've set Swish-e up and everything is working but it will not give any
results if more than one word is entered into the search. I don't get any
error messages just a result page with nothing on it.

I'm very new to setting up programs on my server.
Any suggestions as to why this is happening and how to correct it would be
appreciated.
It is working at: http://www.azeche.com/entrysub/entry2.html

This is how my conf file is set up:

IndexDir /usr/home/yourname/usr/local/etc/httpd/htdocs/
# This is a space-separated list of files and
# directories you want indexed. You can specify
# more than one of these directives.
# Be sure to change yourname to be your Virtual Server login name.

IndexFile index.swish
# This is what the generated index file will be.

IndexName "yourname Web Page Index"
IndexDescription "This is a full index of the web site."
IndexPointer "http://www.yourdomain.com/cgi-bin/search.cgi"
IndexAdmin "Webmaster (webmaster@yourdomain.com)"
# Extra information you can include in the index file.
# You probably want to change the references.

IndexOnly .html .htm
# Only files with these suffixes will be indexed.

IndexReport 3
# This is how detailed you want reporting. You can specify numbers
# 0 to 3 - 0 is totally silent, 3 is the most verbose.

FollowSymLinks yes
# Put "yes" to follow symbolic links in indexing, else "no".

NoContents .gif .xbm .au .mov .mpg
# Files with these suffixes will not have their contents indexed -
# only their file names will be indexed.

ReplaceRules replace "/usr/home/yourname/usr/local/etc/httpd/htdocs"
"http://www.yourdomain.com"
# ReplaceRules allow you to make changes to file pathnames
# before they're indexed.
# Be sure to change the references to be your Virtual Server login name.

FileRules pathname contains admin testing demo trash construction confidential
FileRules filename is index.html
FileRules filename contains # % ~ .bak .orig .old old.
FileRules title contains construction example pointers
FileRules directory contains .htaccess
# Files matching the above criteria will *not* be indexed.

IgnoreLimit 50 100
# This automatically omits words that appear too often in the files
# (these words are called stopwords). Specify a whole percentage
# and a number, such as "80 256". This omits words that occur in
# over 80% of the files and appear in over 256 files. Comment out
# to turn of auto-stopwording.

IgnoreWords SwishDefault
# The IgnoreWords option allows you to specify words to ignore.
# Comment out for no stopwords; the word "SwishDefault" will
# include a list of default stopwords. Words should be separated by spaces
# and may span multiple directives.