RE: Re: Problems with Indexing Meta Tags

From: David Norris <kg9ae(at)not-real.geocities.com>
Date: Fri May 28 1999 - 15:37:38 GMT
If it is the spider then that could be a problem with the PERL module being
used to parse HTML documents.  That HTML parsing module is outdated (PERL 4
maybe?) and probably needs to be rewritten with the current version.
Haven't several folks mentioned this before?  I know that I have run into
problems with the PERL spider not finding links and such.  I am using Mark's
C spider, it seems to work fine overall.  I think it needs some minor
changes.  I haven't gotten it to compile on Unix, yet.  I've been getting
around to porting it to BSD and possibly Linux.

 ,David Norris

Home Computer - http://illusionary.tzo.cc/
Page via mail - 412039@pager.mirabilis.com
ICQ Universal Internet Number - 412039