Re: Problems with Indexing Meta Tags

From: Chris Blackstone <cblackst(at)not-real.teacher.mail.arlington.k12.va.us>
Date: Thu May 27 1999 - 19:02:35 GMT
The following line of code in the header of a file prevents swish-e from
spidering the file corectly

Netscape and other editors insert lines like this.
If I leave the 'MetaNames' property blank with nothing after it, swish-e
still doesn't spider correctly. Only if I remove the "<META HTTP...."
line does it work fine.

Any ideas?

Chris

--
Chris Blackstone
Web Services Coordinator

Arlington Public Schools -- 1426 N. Quincy Street -- Arlington, VA 22207
Tel: 703/228-6185
Fax: 703/875-9491
Pager: 703/612-3042
http://www.arlington.k12.va.us