Problems with Indexing Meta Tags

From: Chris Blackstone <cblackst(at)not-real.teacher.mail.arlington.k12.va.us>
Date: Thu May 27 1999 - 13:27:04 GMT
As a webmaster for a school district, I have many different people
working on web pages. Each uses different software and client machines.
My problem is that if a user is using Composer, for examply, the meta
tags that it inserts in the header are preventing swish-e from correctly
spidering the page. Is there any way to turn OFF Meta tag indexing? I
don't want to have to tell all the people working on pages that they
have to do through and delete their meta tags so swish-e will work.

Thanks in advance,

Chris Blackstone
--
Chris Blackstone
Web Services Coordinator

Arlington Public Schools -- 1426 N. Quincy Street -- Arlington, VA 22207
Tel: 703/228-6185
Fax: 703/875-9491
Pager: 703/612-3042
http://www.arlington.k12.va.us