Re: RE: about frames

From: William Malin <blvdmaster(at)not-real.venturablvd.com>
Date: Thu May 13 1999 - 15:14:45 GMT
Since SWISH-E reads META tags, even "bad" html will not prevent "good"
indexing of frame-based pages. If you have SWISH-E setup to index META
tags, then your problem is non-existent. Obviously, page composition that
does not include provisions for older browsers, or non-visual browsers, is
critical in a commercial environment. But having SWISH-E read META tags
instead of body content is a better all-around solution in terms of search
engine indexing -- regardless of browser considerations -- because your
META tags will hopefully contain only relevant keywords and descriptions,
thus improving users' search results in ways that no other method can produce.

All the best from,

Bill Malin
owner/webmaster
Ventura Blvd on the Web
http://www.venturablvd.com

	"It's Virtual Ventura Blvd."  -the L.A. Times 6-23-96