Re: Help for read a Swish index with Java

From: Mark Gaulin <gaulin(at)not-real.globalspec.com>
Date: Tue May 04 1999 - 23:52:59 GMT
You are probably in for a tough time. The index format is not well
documented, and it may be platform dependent.  I suggest you
debug the swish program (in C) on your target platform and watch
as it creates (not searches) the index to give you a better idea of
what is stored in there, and it what order. Then debug swish while
doing a search to see how it jumps into and around the index file.
This is pretty low-level stuff but since you intend to write your own
search in Java you will need to know what the search process
looks like in a painfully detailed way anyway.