Option for one page of results at a time?

From: Jon S. Jaques <lists(at)not-real.almus.com>
Date: Thu Mar 25 1999 - 17:39:34 GMT
Hi,

I've been asked to make my Swish installation return one page of results at
a time, like to the big popular search engines do.

I've figured out how to do it myself, in my script, but it means that I
still have to load the big list of results into an array variable, and then
return the proper group of hits from that.

I was hoping that maybe there was some option somewhere that would allow me
to just get the hits that I want, thus saving a little memory and processing
time. I picture something like this, even though the documentation doesn't
say anything about it:

@results = `D:/usr/swishe/swishe.exe -w $search -f D:/usr/index.swish -w -m
$a-$b`;

Where $a and $b would be the starting and ending ranges for the desired
results.

Otherwise, to do it myself, I'd probably do something like this:

@results = `D:/usr/swishe/swishe.exe -w $search -f D:/usr/index.swish -w -m
1000`;

print @results[$a..$b];

I'm running v1.3 on NT4.0, BTW, and my source code is Perl.

TIA,

Jon S. Jaques