Re: problems with "or"

From: Mark Gaulin <gaulin(at)not-real.globalspec.com>
Date: Thu Mar 11 1999 - 21:37:12 GMT
First, what version of swishe are you using? What OS? What compiler
was used to build swishe?
Have you tried rebuilding the index? Do you get the exact same results?

Since I can't reproduce the problem (and know one else has reported
that they can reproduce it either) you will have to help by performing
some tests:

Create an index with only a few of the "science" and "technology"
files in it. Be sure to include some of the files that match each of
the "or" expressions (ie: matches "a or b" but not "b or a", matches both,
matches "b or a" but not "a or b").  Do you get the same results
when searching this smaller index? If so then it might be possible to
someone else to use those files to debug the problem on another system.

	Mark