frames and imagemaps - append

From: Bomee Jung <bomee(at)not-real.yahoo.com>
Date: Thu Feb 25 1999 - 22:10:33 GMT
I just read the conversation about frames from last October. Sorry to
have been remiss in searching the archive :).

First a comment (re:redirecting to a frameset page and thus ending up
with the top level page rather than the page the user wanted): if
you're in a position to modify all the frameset pages in the site
you're indexing, then it seems to me that you could use a javascript
that recreates the framesets if a browser tries to open it by itself.

My problem is that the sites we need to index belong to subsidiary
companies with their own web folks and whatnot, so we can't just
change the frameset pages or rename the framed pages.

Anyway, it seems to me that despite the drawbacks of presenting out of
context framed pages don't outweigh the gains were Swish-e to follow
framed pages.