Re: Inaccurate ranking?

From: Mark Gaulin <gaulin(at)not-real.globalspec.com>
Date: Sun Feb 21 1999 - 00:32:32 GMT
Hi
The ranking is "complex". It uses the total number of words in
a file to spread out the "weight" of any given word more "evenly."
This behavior did not work for me so I added a new directive
called "IgnoreTotalWordCountWhenRanking". You should see t
this (commented out) in your config file. Uncomment it and
set it to "yes", then reindex.  This will cause the rank to be more
in line with word count. Try this and see if it helps.
	Mark