Swish-e just broke...and a solution.

From: Lars Kellogg-Stedman <lars(at)not-real.larsshack.org>
Date: Wed Feb 17 1999 - 18:47:33 GMT
I'm using swish-e to index a mailing list (over 6000 messages, about
60MB).  I'm using both the MetaNames and PropertyNames directives in
my config file, as follows:

  MetaNames date from subject
  PropertyNames date from

Now, everything was working until just a few hours ago.  Searches with
metaname=subject work just fine:

  $ swish-e -f index -w 'subject=monitor'
  # Search words: subject = monitor
  # Number of hits: 22

However, searches with metaname=from now fail miserably, for no apparent
reason:

  $ swish-e -f index -w 'from=lars'
  # Search words: = lars
  err: no results

That last line in the output preamble bothers me...what happened to 'from'?
This worked fine yesterday, it worked fine this morning, and now it doesn't
-- thus completely disabling any attempt to search for messages by sender.

Eureka, I found it!

This problem was caused by one small change in my config file.  I
uncommented the following line:

  #IgnoreWords SwishDefault

And this broke it.  Commenting out this line makes everything work fine.
This looks like a bug.  Is that a correct assessment, or is Swish-E
supposed to work this way?

Thanks for your help,

-- Lars

--