swish-e index corrupted ?

From: Alfredo Cabrera <alfcab(at)not-real.magma.ca>
Date: Wed Feb 10 1999 - 13:45:31 GMT
Previously I sent a message in which I expressed :

I've noticed that sometimes when I query the Index file
the program returns the headers but it halts and it never comes back.
This is an example of a normal query :

 bin/swish-e -w alfredo -f MAGMA.swish
# SWISH-E format 1.1
# Search words: alfredo
# Name: Index of Magma Communications Ltd.
# Saved as: MAGMA.swish
# Counts: 31081 files
# Indexed on: 24/12/98 08:08:18 EST
# Pointer: http://www.magmacom.com/cgi-bin/wwwwais
# Maintained by: Kevin Geddie <klgeddie@magmacom.com>
# Number of hits: 7
1000 http://www.magmacom.com/~russell/mini-italia/take-out.htm "Mini
Italia Take-Out Menu" 9012
807 http://www.magmacom.com/~russell/mini-italia/lunch.htm "Mini Italia
Lunch Menu" 10866
623 http://www.magmacom.com/~russell/mini-italia/dinner.htm "Mini Italia
Dinner Menu" 13542
515 http://www.magmacom.com/personal/sub/p.html "Magma
PersonalDirectory" 10910
309 http://www.magmacom.com/personal/sub/c.html "Magma
PersonalDirectory" 17657
80 http://www.magmacom.com/personal/backup/test.html "Magma
PersonalDirectory" 69616
31 http://www.magmacom.com/personal/backup/index.html "Magma Personal
Directory" 172271
..

This is an example when it halts:

 bin/swish-e -w computer -f MAGMA.swish
# SWISH-E format 1.1
# Search words: computer
# Name: Index of Magma Communications Ltd.
# Saved as: MAGMA.swish
# Counts: 31081 files
# Indexed on: 24/12/98 08:08:18 EST
# Pointer: http://www.magmacom.com/cgi-bin/wwwwais
# Maintained by: Kevin Geddie <klgeddie@magmacom.com>

It just sits there until is killed, several of this processes cause a
big drain in my system
has anyone experienced this kind of problem before ?

I tried swish-e 1.2 and swish-e 1.3 but this ones complain too much
about memory, swish-e 1.1 seems to overcome this issue altough I have to
create small
files and merge them in a very unique way to get my final index file.

I forgot to metion that at this point I've tried creating small files
trough a script
and merge them gradually to the point that I finally get a BIG index
file, which is never
exposed to been query because it's in a temp location while it's been
created.

I should mention that for some reason when merging any two last files on
my series
I have to swap them, otherwise swish-e complains.

For example:
prompt$swish-e -c swish.conf -M index1.swish index2.swish FINAL.swish
will not work but if i try
prompt$swish-e -c swish.conf -M index2.swish index1.swish FINAL.swish
it works just fine. This creates the index and I get the results above
when trying to
search.