problems indexing swish-e 1.3.1

From: Paul Sestito <psestito(at)not-real.chilli.net.au>
Date: Sun Feb 07 1999 - 06:47:37 GMT
G'day,

I recently installed swish-e 1.3.1.  Installation appears to be successful
until I attempt to index .html files in a single directory. Indexing
proceeds, although when finished, no files have been indexed.

Removing very common words... no words removed.
Writing main index... no unique words indexed.
Writing file index... no files indexed.
Running time: Less than a second.
Indexing done!

An index file is created but contains only basic info, and many lines of
zeros.
I have checked the user.config several times with no success. All paths are
correct.

If it is something that is staring me in the face, I appologise in advance,
I'm a relative newbie...

Paul Sestito.