RE: Compiling for Web Access

From: David Norris <kg9ae(at)not-real.geocities.com>
Date: Sat Feb 06 1999 - 22:41:57 GMT
> I would ideally like to have people access it via the web, yet I would
> like to administer it via the command line.
> Can I do this?

Absolutely.  I like this much better, myself.

> If I want to use autoswish for people to access, do I need to recompile
> with the http settings turned on?

No.  The HTTP settings are for indexing a web site instead of the file
system.

You only need a server script to interface with the executable.  Have a look
at:
http://sunsite.berkeley.edu/SWISH-E/Scripts/

I am working on a PHP 3 script for SWISH-E.  There are several others that
are working on PERL scripts.  I think that Autoswish is being rewritten.
The current version probably only works well with SWISH-E 1.1.

I manually configure SWISH-E and use my PHP3 script to interface it with the
web server.

,David Norris

Page via mail - 412039@pager.mirabilis.com
ICQ Universal Internet Number - 412039