Re: Re: Swish-E New Feature?

From: Yann Stettler <stettler(at)>
Date: Fri Jan 22 1999 - 21:35:02 GMT
Jason Birch wrote:

> That's true enough, but from the perspective of someone helping to develop
> an interface to swish-e that supports multiple pages, it would be a LOT
> easier if I could just tell swish-e to skip the first n results.

> >But it doesn't make sense to add those features inside of SWISH itself.
> For me it does.  It makes the work a lot easier for the end user writing

Huu ? You mean it's worth to add such codes in the program
just because you can't ignore x lines and then print y ones in
the front-end ?

I don't see what's hard....

for ($j=0; $j <= $x; $j++) {
for (; $j <= $x + $y; $j++) {

That's why I don't think it's worth to put it in the code...
it's a task typical and trivial for the front end...

> I don't want to see the swish-e code cluttered with special-case options
> that are only of use to a couple people, but I feel that this change would

That's exactly what you are getting : more command lines option,
more lines codes in the core program for something not realy related
and that is much simpler in the front-end...

I guess that I will have to post a front-end somewhere... just
give me a little time to write the doc...

Yann Stettler

TheNet - Internet Services AG              CohProg SaRL
Anime and Manga Services