libwww

From: Mark Gaulin <gaulin(at)not-real.globalspec.com>
Date: Fri Jan 22 1999 - 19:04:44 GMT
Hi

I took a look at libwww... it's feature packed but also somewhat
complex to install and build.  It's not especially easy to install
on Windows platforms either.

We have such modest needs... just a nice, portable sockets
implementation of a GET.. (OK, it may need more than that to
support proper robots.txt parsing, but that should not be too
difficult to write.)

Anybody else look at libwww? Does it work for you?  The opinion
I stated above was made after 15 minutes of poking at it. If other
people can get it working and use it then I'll figure out how to do
the same on NT.