Re: RE: LWP,HTTP and HTML modules

From: Ron Klatchko <ron(at)not-real.ckm.ucsf.edu>
Date: Tue Jan 19 1999 - 20:49:45 GMT
At 12:14 PM 1/19/99 -0800, Mark Gaulin wrote:
>The reason you and I can use file extensions to index files
>is because *we* control those extensions... we know what
>they mean and they are by definition not dynamically
>changeable.

I find this a slightly curious statement.  If you control the extensions,
then I assume you control the web site.  If what you are looking for is to
make the indexing more efficient, wouldn't it make more sense to use the
file system methods which will always blow away the HTTP method is indexing
speed?

moo

                           ron@ckm.ucsf.edu