Re: SWISH-E 1.3?

From: Mark Gaulin <gaulin(at)not-real.globalspec.com>
Date: Tue Jan 12 1999 - 17:55:33 GMT
That would be Swish-e 1.3, but I do not know how far along in the
testing process it is.  Ii includes the Document Properties implementation
and word stemming code that I put into version 1.1a.  Also, the
HTTP and File System indexing systems were combined so one
executable can index both web sites and files.  There were other changes
made too.

Document Properties allows META tag information to be stored in
the index and returned along with the search results. It can be used
to store the DESCRIPTION meta tag, but I use it primarily for retrieving
small, custom meta tags that link documents with SQL database
records.

Word Stemming, when enabled, will automatically match (English) words
that had the same word stem, so a search for "emotional" will match
"emotion". This converts plural forms into singular as well.

I am not sure as to the official status of 1.3, but I'd call it Beta until we
hear otherwise.  The indexes created with 1.3 are not compatible with 1.2.

	Mark