Re: Indexing certain files

From: Paul J. Lucas <pjl(at)not-real.ptolemy.arc.nasa.gov>
Date: Wed Dec 30 1998 - 17:49:47 GMT
On Wed, 30 Dec 1998, Andres Cvitkovich wrote:

> My problem is, that I have a bunch of static HTML files in a directory, one
> half of them in english and the other in german language, distinguished by
> their filename. Example: File1.html (german) - File1Engl.html (english). Now
> I would like to generate separated index files for the german and english
> version. German version is no problem, "FileRules contains Engl.html" works
> ok, but I don't know how to setup a sort of file filter with IndexDir (that
> does not support wildcards) or FileRules (that is supposed to support regexp,
> but "FileRules filename is .*[^E][^n][^g][^l]\.html" does not work).

	If you were using SWISH++, you don't need FileRules at all
	since you can use whatever means you want to specify filenames
	to it.  A good means is to use the Uniz 'find' command.  To
	index only the English files:

		find . -name '*Engl.html' -print | index -

	To index everything but the English files:

		find . ! -name '*Engl.html' -print | index -

	- Paul