Q: Swish-e Frenchisation

From: Eric HEURTEL (SYFED de Lome) <eheurtel(at)not-real.syfed.tg.refer.org>
Date: Sat Dec 12 1998 - 16:40:15 GMT
Hello,

I'd like to use Swish-e to index and make searches on my website; I've
tried it and I'm really satisfied of the results
(http://www.tg.refer.org, go to "Rechercher sur le site").
However, my site is in French, and I think I can get a more powerful
search with appropriate configuration.

I wonder if somebody had already used it for a french database; in
particular I'd like to know which configuration is the best for French
language (defines WordCharacters, BeginCharacters, EndCharacters,
IgnoreLastChar and IgnoreFirstChar, and the french list of stopwords).

As I just subsribe this list I don't know if this question has already
been dealt. Else if somebody is interessed we could perhaps exchange our
experiments.

Have a nice day,

    Eric  HEURTEL
Responsable technique