SWISH++ 1.4b1: META tags!

From: Paul J. Lucas <pjl(at)not-real.ptolemy.arc.nasa.gov>
Date: Thu Dec 03 1998 - 19:31:08 GMT
	I've put up SWISH++ 1.4b1 at:

	ftp://shell3.ba.best.com/pub/pjl/software/swish++-1.4b1.tar.gz

	SWISH++ now indexes and can search META tags similarly to the
	way SWISH-E does.  The differences are:

	1. SWISH++ does not require you to declare your META tags in
	   advance.

	2. SWISH++ is compliant with the HTML specification in that
	   attributes may appear in any order.

	Other items of note:

	1. The index file format has changed slightly to accomodate
	   meta information.  (Yes, the documentation has been updated
	   as well.  The changes really are minor.)

	2. For those who don't use META tags, the index file generated
	   is no bigger than earlier versions of SWISH++.

	3. Even when META tags are used, the only increase in index
	   file size is for those words that are associated with a META
	   tag.

	Other changes to this release:

	1. SWISH++ is now 10% faster at indexing than earlier versions.
	   I added an optimization option for detemining whether a
	   character is a "word character" by eliminating the call to
	   strchr() in is_word_char().  (Please see the comments in
	   config.h and util.h for the details of using this
	   optimization option.)

	OK, let me know if you find bugs.  (Please RTFM for the details
	of the changes before asking me questions: thanks.)

	- Paul J. Lucas
	  NASA Ames Research Center		Caelum Research Corporation
	  Moffett Field, California		San Jose, California
	  <pjl AT ptolemy DOT arc DOT nasa DOT gov>