Re: SWISH-E won't output verbose :(

From: Roy Tennant <rtennant(at)not-real.library.berkeley.edu>
Date: Wed Dec 02 1998 - 05:46:47 GMT
On Tue, 1 Dec 1998, Colin F Reynolds wrote:

> I sent this about a month ago, but didn't get any response... this list
> seems to have livened up a little now - I hope you don't mind me trying
> again.
>
> I've tried everything I can think of to try and identify where the
> problem is... at this point I'd even appreciate a "RTFM" (with a pointer
> to the relevant 'M' :).

The relevant 'M' is at:

http://sunsite.Berkeley.EDU/SWISH-E/Manual/

and for the record, I interpret the 'F' to be either 'fine' or
'fantastic', depending upon my mood. 8-)

As reported by the 'FM', "verbose" is an *indexing* option, not a
searching option. The relevant page is at:

http://sunsite.berkeley.edu/SWISH-E/Manual/commandlineindex.html

look for the "-v" switch. I'm sorry that you did not receive an adequate
reply previously.
Roy Tennant