installation problems

From: Asa Packer <packer(at)not-real.math.washington.edu>
Date: Tue Nov 03 1998 - 20:26:56 GMT
Hello,

I am trying to install swish-e and AutoSwish, and I am having some
problems.  I think I've got swish-e installed correctly, but AutoSwish is
not working.  Specifically, when I try to create my index with the
AutoSwish form, I get the following under "Indexing Output:" (this is when
I use the "Quick Form" to create the index)

Bad directive on line #3: DirName SWISH-E/SwishTest
Bad directive on line #9: SimpleFlag y
Bad directive on line #11: ConfigFile SwishTest.conf
Bad directive on line #19: Flag config

Searches then do not work, because the index file never got created.
Those directives I think are put in the config file by AutoSwish, but the
swish-e executable doesn't seem to like them.

A similar problem occurs if I use the "Complete Form" to create my index,
but then the Indexing Output is

Bad directive on line #7: ConfigFile SwishTest2.conf
Bad directive on line #15: Flag config
Bad directive on line #27: FileRules
Bad directive on line #31: FileRules
Bad directive on line #33: FileRules