spider not indexing

From: Andrew Cadman <editorial(at)not-real.mcmail.com>
Date: Fri Oct 30 1998 - 15:16:40 GMT
Dear all,

many thanks for helping with the problem of naming the swishspider perl
script. The spider now does find the index page of our site and start
spidering - but for some reason after finding one more link it then fails!

All the links on the index page are static html pages residing on the same
server, and do not even involve subdirectories, all residing in the same
directory.

secondly, just out of interest, can swishspider spider pages created
dynamically by cgi scripts - or is it confined to static HTML pages like
many spidering programs?

many thanks

Andrew Cadman
NetLondon webmaster