Keyword indexed in some files but not others

From: Scott Schultz <scott(at)not-real.ceweekly.com>
Date: Fri Oct 23 1998 - 18:41:20 GMT
Okay, swish folx. I'm stumped.

I'm using swish-e 1.1 on SCO Unix.
I have a bunch of files that get indexed
as part of a batch of about 6000 files.

The files contain job listings. I was
contacted by one company who couldn't
find all of their listings by their
company name (Romac).

The files are created as html files,
with all text actually contained in
Meta tags so that you can, say, search
for company = this or listing = that.

Now, this person had put his company info
in the listing field, where it didn't belong.
However, out of 36 records swish-e will
only return 4 using "Romac" as the
keyword. Searching for other keywords
that are in specific job listings works
fine. Searching for Romac in the
company Meta tag works fine. Searching
for Romac in the listing returns just
4 of 36 records no matter what I do.

The text about the company is identical
in all of the 36 files. I've looked hither
and yon for something to differentiate the
four that work from the others that don't,
with no success.

Anyone out there have a clue what's happening?
Why would this particular word be partially-indexed
while the rest of the text in the listing
Meta-tag appears to be fully-indexed in all
36 records. The worst part, of course, is that
this could be happening to other keywords in
other files and I just don't know it yet...

Thanks for any help.

Scott Schultz
scott@ceweekly.com