Re: RE: swish-e spider does not go beyond index.html

From: Roy Tennant <rtennant(at)not-real.library.berkeley.edu>
Date: Fri Oct 16 1998 - 19:15:53 GMT
The answer to the problem of how to index frames? Just don't use frames!
<grin> Now seriously...

We did something very close to what Ron describes for indexing frames
pages. But luckily the filenames of the individual frame components were
somewhat unique, so that allowed us to use the ReplaceRules function to do
this:

ReplaceRules replace "[a-z_0-9]*_m.*\.html" "index.html"

You notice that we use the regular expression capability to do it. This
allows you to point any instance of a frame component to "index.html". The
one remaining problem is having to drop duplicates, which you can do in
the program calling SWISH-E.
Roy Tennant