I have the same problem as the second you describe. It would be very nice if swish-e keeps in its index the whole text of the indexed meta-tags.
I do the following to get the information I use in my result list :
* the result list is composed of many fields (doc title, author, date and reference of the paper original),
* I first put all these fields into the title tag of the HTML docs, as a ";" ou "::" separated string,
* the title tag is stored as-is by swish, and given back when searching,
* I decode it (split (/::/, $title, 4)) and use the fields in my result list.
This works well, but the fields stored in the title influence the searching... If you store the description of the doc, it should be OK.
G.H.S. - Création et gestion de sites Internet/Intranet
45-47 rue d'Hauteville
Tél. 01 53 24 15 58
Fax 01 53 24 15 59
De: Frank Rickett [SMTP:email@example.com]
Date: lundi 7 septembre 1998 17:27
À: Multiple recipients of list
Objet: [SWISH-E] Meta Tag Problem
I wonder if anyone can throw some light onto the following metatag
1. I don't seem to be able to persuade Swish-e to index Meta tags,
MetaNames keywords description
into the .conf file. Everything else works but no meta tags can be
found, either by the perl script or by manually rummaging through the
2. The next problem will be how to print out the contents of the
description field - if this is possible - as part of the results listing
(a description of the file would be more useful to us than the file
3. One less important item, I see the index file contains file
creation dates; how can I extract this data from the index with perl (an
example would be great!)?.
Yours in hope
Received on Mon Sep 7 09:34:08 1998