Re: Meta Tag Problem

From: Mark Gaulin <gaulin(at)not-real.designinfo.com>
Date: Mon Sep 07 1998 - 16:17:13 GMT
Hi
Responding to #2, Swish-E 1.1 (and Swish-E 1.2, which is not out yet) does not
have that capability. I really needed it, so I added it and created an
unofficial port
of Swish-E 1.1 (that I call Swish-E 1.1a) that has the ability to define
META fields
that you would like to display in the search results.

The Win32 port is at ftp://www.designinfo.com/swish-e-1.1a, along with
source code.
This is "beta" code, but the few people who are using it have reported that
it works fine.
The official Version 1.2 is supposed to be released "real soon now", and I
intent to
add my stuff to it and get an "official" release (1.3?) for it.

As far as #1 goes, you are be *required* to use "-w description=<searchtext>"
whenever you want to search something defined using MetaName.
If you do not put MetaName in the .conf you can search those fields as
"normal" text.
By defining those meta names with MetaName, you are turning those tags into
special
"sections" in each document that must be explicitly searched with the
"<field>=<text>"
syntax given above. In fact, that the main purpose of the MetaName option.

The code I have on the ftp site has the same problem as #1. I have newer
code that
does not have that limitation, but I haven't released it yet. If you are
running NT I could
get you a copy.

	Mark