RE: Beginners question

From: David Norris <kg9ae(at)not-real.geocities.com>
Date: Sat Aug 29 1998 - 22:33:38 GMT
You have to use the ReplaceRules in the config file to form the URL from the
filename.  Then reindex the site.  It can't really know the URL without you
telling it.  You can either form a relative URL or an absolute.  I prefer
the relative URL, because, you don't have to reindex the site for other
hostnames.

ReplaceRules replace "/some/file.name" "/some/other/file.name"
OR
ReplaceRules replace "/some/file.name" "http://yourhost/some/file.name"

,David Norris

Illusionary Web - http://illusionary.dyn.ml.org/ <-- 02:00 - 10:00 GMT
Video/Audio Phone - callto:illusionary.dyn.ml.org
Page via mail - 412039@pager.mirabilis.com
ICQ Universal Internet Number - 412039
E-Mail - kg9ae@geocities.com