Swish-e poor performance?

From: Lars' Local Account <lars(at)not-real.bu.edu>
Date: Thu Aug 27 1998 - 14:27:03 GMT
Howdy,

I have a fairly large collection of email (over 100MB in 20,000 messages),
and finding a piece of information -- esp. one several months old -- can
be challenging.  In the past I've used glimpse to index the mail, but I
wanted to give Swish-e a try (easier search syntax, and it looked as
though it was under more active development).

I had to give up, because after 18 hours it was still churning away.  On
this same collection, glimpse took approx. 3 hours.  Is swish-e's
performance *really* this poor?  Are there any faster alternative out
there?

Thanks,

-- Lars

--

Lars Kellogg-Stedman * lars@bu.edu * (617)353-5228
Department of Computer Science, Boston University