Re: Re: [SWISH-E:421]indexing PDF

From: Rainer Scherg RTC <Rainer.Scherg(at)not-real.rexroth.de>
Date: Tue Aug 11 1998 - 09:01:08 GMT
> Hi
>
> I am not very technical (can install and manage scripts :-) only) .. I
> was wondering if you would be interested to share the modified scripts
> (which handles other file formats etc..) with me.
>
> Your help will be appriciated. I am on a UNIX machine currently
> running Swish-E and AutoSwish.

Should be no problem...
I've sent the source code to Roy.

Even if the changes of swish-e are running fine for about one month at our
intranet sites, I want to have a look on the source code by some other
guys... ;-)

But at this moment I've only installed a filter for PDF files (on a Solaris
machine). My hope hope is, that - if these feature will be released - people
are starting to write filter progs for different file types. (MS-Word,
XLS, PPT, and so on...)

Regards Rainer