Re: [SWISH-E:394] More info in the search results

From: Marjolein Katsma <webmaster(at)not-real.javawoman.com>
Date: Thu Jul 30 1998 - 14:29:58 GMT
Kenny,

At 07:03 1998-07-30 -0700, Kenny Gatdula wrote:

>Is it possible to add more information like file creation date
>to the search results? I saw a post in the archives about timestamps, but
>no replies. A client has asked if it's "doable"; I just wanted to know if
>it's already been done.

It's doable. The search results the SWISH-E engine delivers gives you a
complete file path or URI (depending on how you use the ReplaceRules); if
you just set ReplaceRules to nothing at all, you get a complete file path.
You can then adapt whatever script you use to present the search results to
1) use the file path to get a timestamp, and 2) implement whatever "replace
rules" you need to turn the file path into a (relative) URI. You could
adapt the script generated by AutoSwish or just write your own.

Cheers,
Marjolein Katsma      webmaster@javawoman.com
Java Woman - http://javawoman.com/