Re: [SWISH-E:385] Swish-e: File Suffix?

From: Marjolein Katsma <webmaster(at)not-real.javawoman.com>
Date: Wed Jul 22 1998 - 16:45:10 GMT
Simon,

At 07:56 1998-07-22 -0700, Simon Horgan wrote:

>Hello,
>
>I am trying to configure swish-e to index only files that are of
>type filename.html, filename.txt and filename.
>
>Note that the third type of file I would like to index has no suffix.

[snip]
>How do I include 'no suffix' in the configuration file without
>indexing every file in my document tree?

Sadly, with the current version of SWISH-E there is *no* way to do that;
the concept "no suffix" does not exist there.

Possible solutions or workarounds:
- rename all the files with a special suffix and include that in the list,
and use ReplaceRules to change the suffix back to none; the rename your
files back;
- hope the coming new version (when?) will allow you to do it without all
this effort, so wait for that
- try my current (*very* preliminary and unfinished, unsupported) code that
*can* do it (and allows you to define what "html files" are as well)
- if you decided to wait for the next version and it cannot do it, wait for
mine (no time frame though)
- finally: *possibly* SWISH++ can do it but I haven't checked its features.

Cheers,

Marjolein Katsma      webmaster@javawoman.com
Java Woman - http://javawoman.com/