Re: [SWISH-E:365] Re: How to ignore <!DOCTYPE ...>?

From: Marjolein Katsma <webmaster(at)not-real.javawoman.com>
Date: Mon Jul 13 1998 - 20:17:52 GMT
Rob,

At 11:41 1998-07-13 -0700, Robert Rothenberg wrote:

>I haven't yet started poking around with the sources, but it would be nice
to be able to
>tell SWISH to ignore the content within certain elements, such as STYLE
and SCRIPT
>(yes, usually those are embedded in comments already) or even certain
attributes within
>elements.
>
>Rob

Interesting idea... As long as such content is embedded as a comment (my
SCRIPT content, however little, is, and for styles I only use linked style
sheets so for me they're not a problwe at present.) -  my version would
already handle it. But comments are content *within* a tag rather than
enclosed by a non-empty tag. I like the idea though and it should not be
too difficult to  implement, although I have different priorities at the
moment. I'll keep it in mind though!

Anyway, If you'd like to experiment with my code, let me know.

Cheers,

Marjolein Katsma      webmaster@javawoman.com
Java Woman - http://javawoman.com/