SWISH++ 1.2 released

From: Paul J. Lucas <pjl(at)not-real.ptolemy.arc.nasa.gov>
Date: Thu Jul 09 1998 - 06:04:07 GMT
	I've released SWISH++ 1.2.  It's available via the SWISH-E page
	or via my software page: http://www.best.com/~pjl/software.html

	NEW FEATURES
	------------

	1. SWISH++ now stores the list of stop-words in the generated
	   index file so they can be ignored on searches later.
	   Previosuly, using a stop-word in a query would always yield
	   0 results since the stop-word isn't in the index.  After
	   thinking about it, this is just plain stupid.

	   Unlike SWISH-E, however, the *specific* stop-word(s) is/are
	   reported, but then disregarded for the query that is *still*
	   performed.

	2. You can now specify the number of files to reserve space for
	   on the command line for "index" overriding the default.

	3. You can now specify the number of lines to look into a file
	   for HTML <TITLE> tags on the command line for "index"
	   overriding the default.

	4. Added default values to usage messages.

	BUG FIXES
	---------

	1. The detection of malformed queries was completely broken.  I
	   don't see how this went undetected for this long.

	- Paul J. Lucas
	  NASA Ames Research Center		Caelum Research Corporation
	  Moffett Field, California		San Jose, California
	  <pjl AT ptolemy DOT arc DOT nasa DOT gov>