I've released SWISH++ 1.2. It's available via the SWISH-E page
or via my software page: http://www.best.com/~pjl/software.html
1. SWISH++ now stores the list of stop-words in the generated
index file so they can be ignored on searches later.
Previosuly, using a stop-word in a query would always yield
0 results since the stop-word isn't in the index. After
thinking about it, this is just plain stupid.
Unlike SWISH-E, however, the *specific* stop-word(s) is/are
reported, but then disregarded for the query that is *still*
2. You can now specify the number of files to reserve space for
on the command line for "index" overriding the default.
3. You can now specify the number of lines to look into a file
for HTML <TITLE> tags on the command line for "index"
overriding the default.
4. Added default values to usage messages.
1. The detection of malformed queries was completely broken. I
don't see how this went undetected for this long.
- Paul J. Lucas
NASA Ames Research Center Caelum Research Corporation
Moffett Field, California San Jose, California
<pjl AT ptolemy DOT arc DOT nasa DOT gov>
Received on Wed Jul 8 23:13:29 1998