Re: [SWISH-E:350] Win NT

From: Roy Tennant <rtennant(at)not-real.library.berkeley.edu>
Date: Wed Jul 08 1998 - 16:25:01 GMT

Yes, see http://sunsite.berkeley.edu/SWISH-E/Ports/Windows/

> Can Swish-e be used to search multiple sources (at different IP
> addressses)at once?

Yes, but you need to use a robot like GNU WGet to first crawl those sites
onto the same machine, then index it using SWISH-E. Since WGet will crawl
the sites into directories named with the host name, and keep the
directory hierarchy intact, it is a simple operation to send the user off
the that remote site using a program to parse the SWISH-E results. I
and others have done this.
Roy Tennant