Re: [SWISH-E:342] Retrieving Title

From: Paul J. Lucas <pjl(at)not-real.ptolemy.arc.nasa.gov>
Date: Tue Jun 23 1998 - 16:03:24 GMT
On Tue, 23 Jun 1998, Laurie Dickinson wrote:

> I've been having a little bit of a problem with swish-e retrieving the titles
> of my documents.  It seems that where I have simple tags, the <html>, <head>,
> then <title></title>, there is no problem, but if I have comments above the
> <title> tags it's unable to pick up the title.

	Both SWISH-E and SWISH++ only look so far (so many number of
	lines) into a file for a title before giving up.  There's a
	compile-time parameter that controls this.  If you have too
	many comment lines before the <TITLE>, it won't be picked up.

	- Paul J. Lucas
	  NASA Ames Research Center		Caelum Research Corporation
	  Moffett Field, California		San Jose, California
	  <pjl AT ptolemy DOT arc DOT nasa DOT gov>