Re: [SWISH-E:327] Perl Processing of SWISH-E Results

From: Earl Fogel <fogel(at)not-real.duke.usask.ca>
Date: Mon Jun 22 1998 - 15:18:45 GMT
Hi,

I took a look at this, and I am really impressed by the new output format.
Sorting the results by server directory is an absolutely wonderful idea,
although I noticed a couple of very small glitches in your implementation.

    1) The search results page begins with:

	\nHere are the results of your search for <strong>search</strong>

    2) The links to the directories don't work:

	<A HREF="http://Bibliographies/">

I'm not so sure about the way you do successive searches (first title,
then full text).  Wouldn't you achieve much the same results by adjusting
the scoring algorithm to give more prominence to matches in the title?

Earl Fogel
Computing Services              phone: (306) 966-4861
University of Saskatchewan      email: earl.fogel@usask.ca