Swish and Windows NT

From: Jacques Delsemme <jacques(at)not-real.cats.ucsc.edu>
Date: Sat Jun 13 1998 - 11:49:15 GMT
For better or for worse, we are replacing an aging DEC OSF/1 with
Windows NT and IIS.  We had been running Swish-e, and liked the way it
searched, so we would still like to use it.  I have tried using the
swish from

	http://www.caraveo.com/php/swishe.zip

since it has the only compiled swish binary that I have found.  It
seems able to produce an index.swish file from a set of directories,
but is unable to search it once it is created.  It spews back the
headers, then hangs (forever).

Any hints or tips to make it work?  Is this binary known to have the
end-of-line problems that has been mentionned in this list before?  Is
there another precompiled version available?  I am aware of
nerinckx.zip at http://sunsite.berkeley.edu/SWISH-E/Ports/Windows/, but
this version is not precompiled (and I don't have access to a Windows C
compiler).

- Jacques Delsemme (jacques@cats.ucsc.edu)
  Workstation Support - CATS
  University of California