Re: [SWISH-E:320] Multiple ReplaceRules

From: Eli's List Clearing House <lch(at)not-real.qz.to>
Date: Sat Jun 13 1998 - 12:25:37 GMT
> I want to index more than 36 sites which make up our "webempire" or
> whatever.  To do so, I need to put in a load of ReplaceRules, 36 to be
> exact.
>
> Now swish-e doesn't seem to like this.  It seems to stop indexing either
> the paths or the URLs I have been substituting in.
>
> Short term quick solution is do the substitition in CGI script but this slows
> it down a huge amount.

It should not slow the CGI down much to put the replace rules there.
I suspect you are doing it poorly. What language are you using for the
CGI? If it is C or perl I would be willing to offer comments on your
technique if you let me see the code.

Elijah
------
knows a thing or two about s/// in perl