AutoSwish not creating index files

From: Mark Jordan <mjordan(at)not-real.unixg.ubc.ca>
Date: Tue May 19 1998 - 07:03:16 GMT
Hello SWISH-Eers,

I've installed SWISH-E 1.2 and AutoSwish on Linux 2.0.29. I can index
files manually (so I know SWISH-E works), but when I run the AutoSwish
demonstration, at "Step 3:  Test" I don't get any info after "Indexing
Output". Regardless of whether I use the quick form or the complete form,
the index file reported to exist doesn't exist (which is why I'm not
getting any info after "Indexing Output", I guess). I've tried indexing
both the SwishTest files and my own files.

Everything up to "Step 3: Test" appears to work. My
/usr/local/bin/ConfigFiles/ and /usr/local/bin/SwishIndexes/ directories
both have the same 777 permissions. However, as far as I can tell, no
.swish files are being written to my SwishIndexes directory.

When I search, I get back a generic "Server Error: The server encountered
an internal error or misconfiguration and was unable to complete your
request."

Anyone got any ideas why the index files are not being created? I guessed
at first it was the permissions on my SwishIndexes directory, but that
doesn't seem to be it.

Thanks in advance,

Mark

Mark Jordan
Manager, Information Technology Lab
UBC's School of Library, Archival and Information Studies
http://www.slais.ubc.ca - Phone 604-822-2431 - Fax 604-822-6006